June 14, 2007

The Refugee Problem

As an apodimos refugee I have solved my problem by recognizing that I will not be offered anything by the government and I have long ago asked for refugee asylum in the land of the Demon.

But I cannot but hope now that Phil has a new inspired View. The View is wondering where is the help the state has given to the Refugees. On 14th June 2007, 33 years after the invasion, three years and three months after the Great Patriotic Referendum that would have made the return of half the refugees a credible reality, the official status quo newspaper of Stravaraland is asking what the state has done for The Refugees, lately (or is it ever?).

Refugees of Bananaland, especially those that voted No in The Great Patriotic Referendum, I salute your patience. I salute your unending optimism, and look forward to see your reaction when Famagusta will open its doors to accept the first guests. I just hope those guests do not come from Anatolia...

2 Comments:

Blogger Sceptic Anonymous said...

Assuming that the Turkish army would not have intervened. Assuming that the deal would have stuck and not collapsed when the Greek Cypriots drunk with the victory of Greece at Euro 2004 did not provoke a fresh round of inter-ethnic clashes. Back in 1963 all it took was the murder of a hooker. Assuming that the politicians on both sides have learnt the lessons of humility, temperance, tolerance and have shown incredible good will to guide disgruntled people through one of the most complex settlements in political history. Assuming that everything went as promised but no one really dared to guarantee so. Kasoulidis said so yesterday, no one should be punished for his opinion, the Anan plan is over, get over it.

14 June, 2007 18:33  
Blogger apodimos Kypreos said...

Maybe I was misinterpreted.

I am not talking so much about the Anan plan per se, I am talking about what any government has done for the refugees ever. Or what it proposes to do for them in the next 30 years.

That's all.

15 June, 2007 10:48  

Post a Comment

<< Home