February 17, 2006

Seven Ten[ths]


Whenever I'm working late and need to take a break I like to choose something that'll get me going again. You know, nothing placid or lulling. No, I need something that'll simply prove that I can put an end to the suffering by getting back to work.

My saviour? CyBC SAT over Real player. Decent bit rate, streaming at 220 Kbps. Tuned in crisp and clear to watch "Epta Deka" Which is the morning show; Seven Ten. Yeah, transmission time.

The latest gems were a bit of yadda yadda, club scene in Athens, yadda yadda and some Eurovision song contest banter. All very tangential, to be followed by the best ever quotes of the show on Friday morning:

He person:
"...and it seems the Americans want to emulate Eurovision"
[he meant the song contest]
"...and they're going to have a contest with entries from all 50 states, yeah like we have all those counbtries compete in Eurovision, and the contestants will be big names, and the winners will get to release a record, yeah, yadda yadda"

I could feel I needed less of a break at this point in time.

I know Cyprus is the centre of the universe. The freaking arfali, re gamoto. Yeah, and we're European and the goddamn eurovision dittyfest is the cultural highlight of the year. But what's all this tripe about the US ripping off the Eurovision contest konzept (many countries represented by tedious bleating) by organizing "one of their own" as the young buck told us?

"Yeah" the she presenter retorted, "they just have to emulate us, don't they".

Isn't it apt that all this is streaming over the Internet via Real player.

It then suddenly dawned on me. that the programme's title was simply a double entendre. Water makes up Seven 10ths of our planet. Hence 7 TEN. Yeah, 7/10ths on the brain, that is.

Thank you CyBC

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home